For use of the LevelUP app and LevelUP website
Date: 21 May 2015
- LevelUP is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users; in this policy LevelUP explain how LevelUP will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 LevelUP may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address;
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including [your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, educational details and employment details];
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address]);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our LevelUP App or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including [your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details];
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Using your personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 LevelUP may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
3.3 LevelUP will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 LevelUP may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 LevelUP may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that LevelUP are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that LevelUP are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who LevelUP reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.3 Except as provided in this policy, LevelUP will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. International data transfers
- Information that LevelUP collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which LevelUP operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the United States of America which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the Internet, around the world. LevelUP cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
6. Retaining personal information
6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that LevelUP comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that LevelUP process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, LevelUP will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that LevelUP are required to do so by law;
- if LevelUP believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of your personal information
- LevelUP will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- LevelUP will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and LevelUP cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; LevelUP will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- LevelUP may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- LevelUP may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
9. Your rights
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or LevelUP will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Please let us know if the personal information that LevelUP hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that LevelUP store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- LevelUP use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.